Saturday 4 August 2012

We would like to inform you that you have been placed in I-House 2

I discovered an email during my (tri-monthly) routine of my uni email inbox. Lookey what I found!

Dear Incoming SKP Student, 
Greetings from Ritsumeikan University! 
We hope your preparations for Japan are going smoothly.We would like to inform you that you have been placed in I-House 2. You can find more information regarding your housing location by downloading the letter that corresponds to your housing location from the following website: 
http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/eng/******************* 
Please make your travel arrangements to Kyoto according to the information listed in the letter for your housing location.In the coming days, we will send out the final mailing, which contains your Certificate of Eligibility and Notification of Acceptance, both required for your student visa application. In most cases, these will be sent to your school, so please be in contact with them regarding when you can pick them up.  Please submit both documents with your student visa application to your nearest Japanese Embassy or Consulate to have your visa processed. You are advised to check with your local Embassy/Consulate first to see if there are any additional documents you need to submit. 
We look forward to greeting you soon! 
Best regards, 
SKP Staff



Woop! Not only did I get my first choice at university but I now have my first choice of accommodation! I-House 2 (I stands for international), is where I will be staying over the course of my year abroad in Japan. 15 minute bike ride from the university, I-House 2 is the dorms for the 外人 gaijin (foreigners), we can't go and risk the Japanese homogeneity now, can we? Comprising of roughly 40 rooms with private bathrooms, I-House 2 looks pretty impressive. If anyone is interested in attending Ritsumeikan in future and would like to know about I-House 2 then here are the facilities. Oh and you get a fridge in your room, not bad for ¥45,000 p/m (approx. £366):



Here are some pics*!
*All photos belong to Ritsumeikan, please don't sue me!

3 comments:

  1. Well done! Accommodation looks great, I'm sure you will settle in fine!
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. The accommodation looks really nice. I'm so excited for you :D

    ReplyDelete